A couple of weeks ago, we went to Pitch Pizzeria. It was yummy and delicious, and a good time was had by all.
Things we liked:
- Pizza. We had a special pizza with broccoli raab and awesome fennel sausage, and a ‘shrooms pizza. Both were delicious.
- Decor. Very modern, very cool.
- Service. Very quick and efficient. We were seated within the wait time we were told and once seated did not have to wait long for either food or beverages.
- Sides. The brussels sprouts with pancetta were awesome – perfectly cooked, well seasoned, nice and bacony. And the portion was just right for four people to share. We suffered through the extra brussels sprouts with just the three of us though.
Things we didn’t like, but which are not deal breakers:
- Wait. It was super crowded (on a Friday night in Dundee, go figure) but it was also -5F outside so it got pretty crowded near the host(ess) stand.
- Crust. I think the crust could have been crisper, and I’m not sure if it was a function of over-topping or under-cooking. I imagine that the line between under-cooking and burnt to a crisp and have to start over is pretty slim in this place.
- Appetizer. Everyone raved about the meatballs, but really – they were just meatballs. The sauce was ok but not anything special.
- Take-out. Why a place in Dundee doesn’t have a take-out option is beyond me…
Final verdict – will return. I think it would be fun to sit at one of the communal tables at some point, especially if it is just Curt and I. It would be nice to be able to see how some of the other menu items look and hear about how they taste without feeling like I’m interrupting or just randomly interloping.
After all, if you’re sitting next to someone, you’re probably already interloping, right?