The plan – May 31st to June 12
Posted by Jeanne on June 1, 2010
I don’t usually plan our meals this far in advance. But we’re going to be in Minneapolis from the 3rd to 6th, and I really wanted to make sure when we get back things go smoothly. We also have quite a few things in the freezer that need to be used up to make room for the garden produce!
Monday, May 31 (Memorial Day) – grilled Middle Eastern-spiced chicken + carrot salad with harissa, feta, and mint
Wednesday, June 2nd – Korean grilled chicken thighs + bi bim guksu.
Thursday, June 3rd – we’re driving to Minneapolis and having dinner at Subo. I really hope the patio is open and that the food is as good as it sounds – I’ve never had Filipino food in a restaurant before.
Friday, June 4th – Thai lunch at some place where Naomi is obsessed with their papaya salad. Dinner with my classmate from law school Cagney; we’re discussing sushi but it’s not clear yet where we’ll go.
Saturday, June 5th – catering Mitch’s graduation party! It’s an afternoon cocktail party and we’re making:
- Lamb lollipops with mint yogurt dipping sauce
- Chicken sate with peanut sauce
- Peppered tuna skewers with wasabi mayonnaise
- Caprese skewers with reduced balsamic
- Herbed summer rolls with peanut sauce
- Antipasti crostini
Then somehow we’re going to have dinner at 9:30 at Bar La Grassa. I’m still not entirely sure how we’re going to manage it all.
Sunday, June 6th to Saturday, June 12th – we’ll return to Omaha on Sunday. I think we’ll do a freezer-heavy week so we don’t have to go to the store after driving for six hours.
- Baked beans with andouille (over brown rice this time)
- Hainan chicken & rice
- Gumbo (will have to make rice for this one)
- Mapo tofu + rice (we’ll actually have to cook this one but we already have all the ingredients)
- EZE’s super spicy chili
- Hokkien mee with chicken & shrimp
Then on Saturday the 12th, Curt will be watching the World Cup, drinking beer, and yelling “GOALGOALGOAL” at the television. I will be going to a fashion show to creepy-stalk Stella from Project Runway season 5. We’ll both figure out food somewhere in there.
Posting may be sparse, but I’ll do what I can.