Cooking up a storm
Posted by Jeanne on October 11, 2009
This week promises to be busy – I will be traveling for work next week, so I need to get nine days worth of work done in five, maybe six days. Should be super-fun.
Our menu for the week:
- Chicken paprikash, over rice
- Butternut squash mac & cheese
- Chicken pot pie (tonight)
- Broccoli and parmesean casserole
- Jerk chicken over mashed sweet potatoes
- Mapo tofu with green beans, over rice
- Homemade pasta two ways – sweet potato ravioli, and fettucini with mushroom ragu; served with artichokes and citrus butter.
We made the homemade pasta meal yesterday – I hope to get a post written on that meal soon.
Today, we made the broccoli casserole, the pot pie, and the chicken paprikash. We also pickled the last of the green tomatoes – we’ll still get the brussels sprouts, but that is about it. This is why:
SNOW ON OCTOBER 10TH. This is the view out our front door at about 8:30 AM yesterday. It is too early for this crap!
It’s almost all gone now, but still.