Weekly menu – November 30th
Posted by Jeanne on November 30, 2009
This week’s menu is our attempt to eat a bit less ridiculously heavy food after our Thanksgiving food coma. And also to get rid of a few hangers-on from our co-op pickup on November 19th.
- Roasted pumpkin stuffed with rice and arugula – I made this up to get rid of the pumpkin and the arugula. It is ok but not awesome – I think the idea is good but the execution needs some work.
- Chipotle/red bean/sweet potato chili – diehard chili purists will certainly call shenanigans on this recipe, but it’s good and filling and really, really low in calories. So there.
- Turkey noodle soup with leeks and chickpeas – based on this recipe, but subbing turkey for the chicken because (surprise!) we have a bunch of leftover turkey.
- Roast winter vegetables + salad with shallot vinaigrette & goat cheese – I roasted one small mystery squash with one sliced leek and a potato to get rid of them. Hopefully it will be good.
- Jerk chicken legs + mashed sweet potatoes – I use Busha Browne’s jerk seasoning paste.
- Sriracha glazed chicken + broccoli + rice – I never made it a couple of weeks ago, but I think it’s about time.
- Kung pao tofu + sauteed green beans + rice – from this recipe.
Happy post-Thanksgiving, everyone! I promise to write about side dishes soon.